[opencms-dev] "Title" tag/property from templates in OpenCms 5

Michael LaBrie michael.labrie at rutgers.edu
Thu Aug 4 05:44:32 CEST 2005

Hello:

I'm currently working on a project in OpenCms 5.  I'm much more of a
"front-end" developer, so to speak... an outside organization handled the
installation of OpenCms (and its respective hardware), and I am simply
populating the content pages.  I have full access to all of the "system"
templates and such, however, even if I don't fully understand all of it
:).

My current problem is that I'm attempting to set up the TITLE tag in the
HTML to appear on pages.  Currently, "frametemplates" and
"contenttemplates" are being used to generate pages.  The TITLE tag
resides in the "frametemplate," and therefore shows up the same (with some
generic text) in any pages generated with that template.

I've read answers to this problem concerning OpenCms 6, with regards to
including the property (in this case, "Title") of the individual
pages/files over in the "frametemplate", along the lines of:

<title><cms:property name="Title" escapeHtml="true" /></title>

Essentially, my question is this:

What specifically do I need to do in OpenCms 5 to allow me to do this very
thing?  I'd like the title bar, when viewed in a web browser, to show
whatever I define the property "Title" to be for that page.

Thank you!

Michael LaBrie
michael.labrie at rutgers.edu