[opencms-dev] Making a new site: Number of Redirections exceeded

Sebastian Lavena slavena at mkti.com.ar
Thu Aug 4 22:43:34 CEST 2005

Hi list. I working in two Pc with OpenCMS. Yesterday all works fine, but
today I have the great idea to create a new site... So, I add a site in
opencms-system.xml with this syntax:

  <sites>
   <workplace-server>http://Pc009:8080</workplace-server>
   <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
   <site server="http://Pc009:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
   <site server="http://Pc009:8081" uri="/sites/alsea/"/>
  </sites>

Where Pc009 is the machine's name who have Tomcat with opencms.
Before, I create a site in the VFS, in "sites". In the server I can login
without problems, and the sites works fine. I see in the combo box my new
site...
Well, the problems appear to be only if I access with another PC, across the
LAN but I can access without problems to the site "alsea", also to the
tomcat root (http://Pc009:8080/) . But I can´t login, in OpenCms.

When I try to access to
http://Pc009:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html  I have an error
message: (I have my software in Spanish, but a translate can be:) "Number of
redirections exceeded, the page could not be load.".

Any idea?

Thanks again,

Sebastián
p.s. a boy in troubles!