[opencms-dev] OpenCms Tutorial for user?

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Sat Aug 6 12:46:59 CEST 2005

Cheers :alex,

You wrote:

> I would like to find out a step-by-step or user manual how to set up a
full blown new site. While
> experimenting with different functionalities is kindda keen, I still
don't have an overall picture.
> Yes, I agree this is also because I never used a cms product, but I
think an intro would be welcomed.

Ok. I will try to write a step-by-step user manual for setting up a
"full blown new site" with OpenCms.
Before doing that, I would suggest to register your OpenCms Demo Account
on our site at:

https://www.pomegranate.de/opencms/opencms/en/emailform

After the registeration process, you will get your account data and can
beginn to play with the installation on our site to become familiar with
OpenCms and have an idea what a CM system is and in particular how
OpenCms supports the content management process for building 1st class
websites and intranet document management systems.

But for now you can go to News&Links --> CMS Links on our site, where
you can find several Links to other CMS resources, e.g what is a CMS?

We provide also OpenCms Shared and Dedicated Hosting Services for SME's
and individuals for an affordable price wit free email support and a
forum to discuss any OpenCms / Portal / CMS needs:
http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/index

Looking forward to your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Arash