[opencms-dev] OpenCms Tutorial for user?

Alexandru Popescu the_mindstorm at evolva.ro
Sat Aug 6 15:36:13 CEST 2005

#: Arash Kaffamanesh changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  8/6/2005 2:38 PM :#
>> From my pov the most important feature would be the JSR170 support.
> Another one would be multiple
>> repository support (not only db based, or fs based).
>
> I agree and I would add to the list of requiremets, that a good CMS must
> have Web-Dav and RSS support, all of these features are in planning /
> development and we are trying to get large companies to sponsor this
> process and help OpenCms developers to become more resources (more money
> == more developers)  and to get the whole thing running faster and with
> better affordable documenation, training and support :-)

Afaik webdav is about versioning and locking through http protocol (or I am completely wrong). I
think jsr 170 already mention them, but not in a requirement mode.

RSS should be something that can be easily developed with good repositories, or am I wrong again?
Providing a general solution for feed generation would be a great example, but I don't think it can
fit all options.

:alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|