[opencms-dev] OpenCms Tutorial for user?

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Sat Aug 6 17:02:28 CEST 2005

> Afaik webdav is about versioning and locking through http protocol (or
I am completely wrong). I
> think jsr 170 already mention them, but not in a requirement mode.

Versioning, Locking and Access Control are Optional Repository features
in JSR 170 Spec. The Jakarta Slide Project is the current Web-Dav aware
repository, which doesn't care about JSR 170 repos. Both of them are
allready in child shoes and will change the specs in the future and
therefore vendors of CM systems don't hurry to implement them, except
Magnolia, which has currently done the work for a JSR compliant repos
and OpenCms will do it in the near future, I hope at least :-)

I had a look on SnipSnap, a nice Wiki with blogging fuctionality
developed by Fraunhofer Institute in Germany, my Idea was to integrate
the blogging and RSS aggregation part into OpenCms, but not sure if it
is necessary, if other modules are currently over there for RSS
aggregation into OpenCms Content Repos.

Br,
Arash