[opencms-dev] OpenCms Tutorial for user?

Alexandru Popescu the_mindstorm at evolva.ro
Sat Aug 6 18:12:41 CEST 2005

#: Arash Kaffamanesh changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  8/6/2005 5:02 PM :#
>> Afaik webdav is about versioning and locking through http protocol (or
> I am completely wrong). I
>> think jsr 170 already mention them, but not in a requirement mode.
>
> Versioning, Locking and Access Control are Optional Repository features
> in JSR 170 Spec. The Jakarta Slide Project is the current Web-Dav aware
> repository, which doesn't care about JSR 170 repos. Both of them are
> allready in child shoes and will change the specs in the future and
> therefore vendors of CM systems don't hurry to implement them, except
> Magnolia, which has currently done the work for a JSR compliant repos
> and OpenCms will do it in the near future, I hope at least :-)

Yep, this looks exactly as my discoverings so far. At this moment maybe we need somebody to create a
commons-cms to cover all cms + webdav enabled + jsr170 solutions, otherwise it seems quite
impossible to cover all the needs of a customer :-).

If put into position I would probably vote immediately for adding versioning, locking and acl to
jsr-170 version 2, but I assume no cms provider would vote yes on this version. But I think this
would be too early as the only solution covering JSR-170 is Magnolia (but only with file system
repository support) and Jackrabbit (with no release so far).

:alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|