[opencms-dev] Bug in CmsSearchIndex

Rainer Vehns vehns at codecentric.de
Tue Aug 9 23:50:28 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I think there is a bug in the CmsSearchIndex-class, but perhaps the
behaviour is desired (due to efficiency):

We have implemented a site with public and non-public areas using the
OpenCms access control mechanisms. We have indexed the whole site (including
public and non-public areas) for searching and everything works well, except
the search result count.

If the search term produces search results from the public and the
non-public areas, the number of results
(org.opencms.search.CmsSearch.getSearchResultCount()) corresponds to the
total number of hits, not only the number of hits the user has really
read-access to. For example that means, a normal (not authenticated) user
sees a total count of 20 hits for the search term, but he only sees 5
documents in the list (which are the only documents he has access to).

With a patch to the class CmsSearchIndex, this could be fixed, but you have
to iterate over all search results each time (efficient?).

What do you mean?

I have attached a patch (based on build_6_0_0) and the modified source of
CmsSearchIndex.

Kind regards,

Rainer