[opencms-dev] Problem with paths in templates

Gonzalez, Arnau (GE Consumer Finance, consultant) arnau.gonzalez at ge.com
Fri Aug 12 12:59:25 CEST 2005

I found out the solution just after sending the mail.

When the base directive is defined it needs the very root of the file, so the correct instruction is:

<base href="http://localhost:8080<cms:link>../index.html</cms:link>"/>

changing "localhost" for the IP address if neccessary and "8080" for the port that the web server (tomcat in my case) uses.

Arnau

-----Mensaje original-----
De: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org]En nombre de Gonzalez, Arnau (GE
Consumer Finance, consultant)
Enviado el: viernes, 12 de agosto de 2005 12:41
Para: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Asunto: [opencms-dev] Problem with paths in templates

Hello,

I have a template in this folder structure:

folder
     |_ images
     |_ templates
                |_ template.jsp

There are a lot of references to images in the code of the template like this: "images/picture.gif"

In order to don't have to change every link I use the directive <base> in this way to locate the pictures:
<base href="<cms:link>../index.html</cms:link>"/>

If I use the <cms:link> tag in a single image, it appears correctly, but that's not the case if I use the line written above.

Could anybody tell me why?

Thanx

Arnau