[opencms-dev] Images and best practices for OenCMS 6.0

Ricky Tapper rstapper at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 16:31:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have read through the documentation for 6.0 and have
even purchased the book (although it talks about
version 5.0). The various things I have read talk
about accessing images from JSPs. My questions are
thus:

1. Is it considered best practice to store all images
in the image galleries?

2. In the WYSIWYG HTML editor there is a button to use
images. This button accesses the images from my local
hard drive and not the VFS. Why do this since the
images appear to have to be pulled from the VFS to be
used?

3. Is it not correct to use images in the HTML content
and instead to access them from JSPs?

Once I get these answers (and subsequent answers I get
from the thread) I would be more than willing to
codify them into a tutorial on how to properly use
images in OpenCMS for you to put on the site.

Regards,

Ricky Tapper