[opencms-dev] Images and best practices for OenCMS 6.0

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Tue Aug 16 16:39:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

> 1. Is it considered best practice to store all images
> in the image galleries?

Only if you want to enable your redacteurs to work with them.

> 2. In the WYSIWYG HTML editor there is a button to use
> images. This button accesses the images from my local
> hard drive and not the VFS. Why do this since the
> images appear to have to be pulled from the VFS to be
> used?

This is the usual upload feature of opencms. You can use this to upload
an image to the vfs and then add it to the page you edit.

> 3. Is it not correct to use images in the HTML content
> and instead to access them from JSPs?

No, this works fine, you have to differ between theese features

hth

Achim

Dipl. Inf.(FH) Joachim Arrasz - joachim.arrasz at synyx.de
www.synyx.de Opensource Solutions - OpenCMS Solution Provider