[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6 JSESSIONID cookie

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Thu Aug 18 13:21:53 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am debugging a strange character encoding problem in our OpenCms
application, and so far the only difference I can see between correct and
incorrect encoding is the fact that OpenCms has sent or not a cookie:

Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=B50B9243698545E3CB3BEF9EF4F2AB39; Path=/socweb

I assume that this is the cookie that identifyes the session, but strangely
enough, OpenCms doesn't send it if the pages come from a particular folder.

After this cookie has been set, the accented vowels entered in forms are
encodede OK regardless of the page or folder, but not before. By the way,
everything in the application (as far as I'm aware) uses UTF-8.

I can't see the difference in properties, etc, between the folder that does
trigger the cookie and the folder that doesn't. Can someone please explain
when and when not does OpenCms send this cookie?

And, how can this influence the character encoding in the navigator?

Thanks for any hint,

Pere