[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6 JSESSIONID cookie

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Thu Aug 18 15:18:41 CEST 2005

Hi Pere,

The JSESSIONID is set by the servlet/JSP container (probably tomcat for
you?), not by opencms.  You are correct in that it identifies the
session for subsequent requests from the client.

Unfortunately, I don't know how the setting of the session cookie could
affect character encoding.  Here are a few guesses:  Are documents in
that folder using a different template than other documents?  For
example, maybe you have a JSP template somewhere that is explicitly
setting encoding like

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=FOOBAR" %>

Or, do you have any page directives that disable sessions in your JSPs,
like

<%@ page session="false" %>

though I don't think that this should prevent the session cookie from
being set.  Perhaps somebody else on the list has a better idea?  What
type of pages are in your 'bad' folder -- JSPs, XML content...?

-jason