[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6 JSESSIONID cookie

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Fri Aug 19 09:11:06 CEST 2005

Hello Jason, thanks for your reply.

Yes, my understanding is that the session is managed by Tomcat, but the fact
that for the "bad" folder the cookie is not sent, and Tomcat doesn't know
about VFS folders, made me suspect that OpenCms does something about it.

The "good" and "bad" folders have de same pages in two different languages
and use the same set of templates in a module... the only difference that
I'm aware of is the "locale" property, which we use in templates and JSPs to
detect the language. Maybe OpenCms doesn't like the "ca" (the official
locale for Catalan) in the "bad" folder?

All pages in both folders that include the charset parm use "UTF-8", and we
do set <%@ page session="false" %>, but it's the same in both cases because
it's in the templates.

I can't imagine why the setting of a cookie can influence the encoding, but
the fact is that as soon as it's set with one of the pages in the "good"
folder, it's exchanged with the server for every page, even for the "bad"
ones,  and the encoding starts to work as expected. Maybe it's just a
coincidence with the true reason?

I'm really puzzled, and hope that someone can offer an idea about what's
going on there...

Pere