[opencms-dev] Access to vfs search outside of OpenCms controlled JSP page

Ernesto De Santis ernesto.desantis at colaborativa.net
Thu Aug 18 17:16:02 CEST 2005

Hi Doug

Maybe you can search on lucene index generated by opencms. OpenCms
Search API is based on lucene. You can index with opencms facilities and
search with lucene.

see on ..../opencms/WEB-INF/index/
In this path opencms store lucene index's.

You need touch WEB-INF/config/opencms-search.xml
to configure you index.

In the search admin point you can do the index.

And in your application search using lucene.
If you don't know lucene, start looking this classes:
FSDirectory, IndexSearcher, QueryParser and Hits.

Good luck.

Bye
Ernesto.

Doug McKay escribió:

> I am looking to integrate opencms into another product. I am looking
> for information on how to via a jsp connect to the search api and
> retrieve some data?
>
> I keep getting “is usable only on a OpenCms controlled JSP page” with
> different things I’ve tried.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Doug

Ernesto De Santis - Colaborativa.net