[opencms-dev] How to maintain nwes , faq's and articales on opencms6.0

Alexander Wallace aw at avatartechnology.com
Mon Aug 22 16:05:22 CEST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 07:40 am, Swamy KPN wrote:
Hi...
> Hi All,
>  I am using OpenCms for one of my project to manage site, where news,
> contacts, faq are to be managed by admin.
> I am using OpenCms v6.0. I do not have any documents or refrence materials
> to read on these topics.
> I am confused how people have implemented these modules in v5.0 and in v6.0.
> i.e to extends ContentDefinition class or go with xml/xsd . I request you to
> help me understand some technical details here.
Althought ocms v6 has modules for faqs and otheres, i did not try to use them
directly, but developed my own on my module using xmlcontent. You can
actually look at the xsd that the current faq module uses to get an idea... I
think that if you learn xmlcontent you'll be able to develop these types of
things yourself.

> My application runs on with structs , ejb, oracle for the main components,
> and we plan to use OpenCms for these modules. I want to call cms apis from
> my application and develop custom ui or forms for administration. Are there
> any sample source code available for download? Pls let me know which of the
> content definition approach be used.

This would be something i'd like to learn too...

Hope it helps...