[opencms-dev] convert xmlpage to custom resource type

Kyung Lee kyung.lee at marquiswhoswho.com
Tue Aug 30 17:47:59 CEST 2005

No.. I don't know what to do manually. The situation is this:
1. in OpenCms 5.0, the articles were of type "page". They have elements
and properties associated to them, and they are rendered with a
template.
2. After importing them into 6.0, they turned into type "xmlpage". I had
to do the "migrate from 5.0->6.0" thing (via the documentation) and was
able to get most of it working (more or less) with the new templates and
APIs.
3. Now, we want to implement the new form-style editing. As far as I
know, this can only be achieved via a custom resource type (is that
correct)? Since that's the case, I have created the custom resource type
and have that kinda/sorta working (tweaking/fixing as we speak).
4. Now, when I do "create new" and choose my resource type, I can enter
an article and it kinda/sorta looks like what I want. When I try to
change the resource type of previously created pages to my resource
type, I get errors and it doesn't output all the elements/properties.

So, from that, I was thinking the way to approach it is to somehow
export the data from the old xmlpage type and into my new custom type. I
don't know if this is the right route or not, just what seemed logical
to me.

I hope this answers your questions.
Thanks.