[opencms-dev] Round-Trip-Editing with OpenCMS?

Monika Jekay monika at xss.co.at
Tue Sep 6 15:42:23 CEST 2005

Hi all

I might have to work whith some external html editors
in the future (like dreamweaver or something like that)

Now I am using opencms with my own cms-template.
When I try to integrate my external html files
my template is duplicated ;-(

I tried the "Extended HTML Import" command,
the "HTML gallery" function but always the
template was duplicated.
When I use the "upload" function the cms-template
fails to show up.

I assume the main snag is that the html file created by an external html
editor already contains the same html code which then is produced by the
cms-template itself (like header, footer, navigation...)

I am using opencms 6.0.

My question is,
is there a way to integrate complete external
html files whith template and css information in
opencms whith as little manual editing as possible?

Or in other words: How do you accomplish "Round-Trip-Editing"
with OpenCMS and external tools?

Any "best practice solution" for this task?

Does anyone use an external html editor together with opencms?

Thanks a lot

Monika

Monika Jekay                    | monika.jekay at xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme           | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20          | Tel: +43-1-6060114-0
A-1100 Vienna, Austria          | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71