[opencms-dev] RE: Multilanguage search in 6 templateone

Fievet Marc Marc.Fievet at winterthur.be
Fri Sep 9 09:16:14 CEST 2005

    Hello,

Regarding this problem, I found where is the trouble .   If you look in the
"head_links.jsp " from Templateone main, you find this peace of code
 % <input type="hidden" name="action" value="search">
 <input type="hidden" name="uri" value="<%= cms.getRequestContext().getUri()
%>">
 <input type="hidden" name="__locale" value="<%=
cms.getRequestContext().getLocale() %>">
 <input type="hidden" name="query" value="">
 <input type="hidden" name="page" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="index" value="<%= cms.getSearchIndexName() %>">
class="search" name="query2">
  <input type="submit" name="startsearch" value="<%=
cms.key("link.search") %>" class="formbutton"></span>
 </form>
<!-- Ende der Head-Links -->

By default, the  cms.getSearchIndexName()  looks only the  Online project
(VFS). If you change the name of the index, example "online fr", it doesn't
work. The request works with this full name.
A solution is change the hidden field by the fully qualified name like this:
<input type="hidden" name="index" value="online FR">. It's not professional
an in this case you need the declare a specific head_links.jsp by
language....

How to list the all index generated (online FR, online NL) ?

There is a method?
Regards,

Hello,

I have a problem with de Multilanguage search. Let's, I explain it.
My site is in French and Dutch. I use sibling and local to switch from
French in Dutch  My root site is "site" and after fr and nl directories with
the specifics locales
Like this:
site
   fr (with fr locale)
   nl (with nl locale)

On  the opencms-search.xml, I declare the locales "fr" "nl" and the path
where find the ressources but it doesn't work. no occurrences found!
What's wrong? Does the integrate search engine in templatoneone works with
Multilanguage search?

... <analyzer>

<class>org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer</class>

<stemmer>French</stemmer>   -

<locale>fr</locale> .....

<name>Online project FR</name>

<rebuild>auto</rebuild>

<project>Online</project>

<locale>fr</locale>

<sources>

<source>source1</source>

<resource>/sites/default/site/fr/</resource>

... <analyzer>

<class>org.apache.lucene.analysis.snowball.SnowballAnalyzer</class>

<stemmer>Dutch</stemmer>   -

<locale>nl</locale> .....

<name>Online project NL</name>

<rebuild>auto</rebuild>

<project>Online</project>

<locale>nl</locale>

<sources>

<source>source2</source>

<resource>/sites/default/site/nl/</resource>

Thanks,

Regards

Winterthur-Europe Insurance - VAT BE 0403.290.168 RPM/RPR BRUSSELS.
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please delete it and any copies of it and notify Winterthur immediately.This e-mail message and any attached files have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. However, you are advised that you open any attachments at your own risk.
The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.