[opencms-dev] missing words in search highlights

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Fri Sep 2 22:04:01 CEST 2005

Hello all,

When I use the site search feature in 6.0, the search result highlights
exclude common words and control characters, for example

"here is the entry to tips & trends"

Shows up in the search results as

"here entry tips trends".

It looks like the highlighting code is stripping out anything that
doesn't appear in the Lucene analyzer's token stream.  Stranger still,
it looks like code that yielded a better extract was commented out and
replaced with the current code.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with search in 6.0?  Was this
change introduced to fix some bug?  I've been looking around in
BugZilla, but haven't found anything about it.

Thanks
jason

JASON C. TRUMP
Senior Consultant