[opencms-dev] Migrating Oracle DB and XML content in OpenCms VFS

seema pai seemasandeeppai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:30:51 CEST 2005

 My application is running on Coldfusion. Now we plan to use OpenCms to
manage content for the web site. I would like to know how to use OpenCms
features in case the existing database contains news, press, faq contents
but now be made available on OpenCms VFS without extra java application
migration effort? I plan to use XML content definition (Articles, FAQ, News
as in version 6.0 sandbox available) where the contents are published in VFS
and available as HTML files for end user.
Oracle DB has alreay lot of data and I want to know how to have them on VFS
as individual static html files /XML contents ..
Pls let me know if anyone has tried similar task or have any idea how to go
about it.