[opencms-dev] E-mail Campaign Module

Gareth Hughes gh at vision360.com
Wed Sep 14 16:46:21 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am currently developing a couple of sites in OpenCms 6 and they all
require an email campaign system so newsletters and marketing material can
be sent to registered users of the site. I've used the standard mail API
with OpenCms but I don't have the time to develop a module to handle the
above at the moment and I was wondering if someone has developed such a
module as open source or proprietary.

The main functionalities that I require are:

*         that emails need to be sent out in multiple languages. The
language of the user is known and the correct version of the email must be
sent to them.

*         User tracking. If the user reads the e-mail this must be logged
and the links that they click on must also be tracked.

*         E-mails need to be personalized, i.e the e-mail will start with
'Dear Mr Smith'

*         E-mails should use templates to ensure the style is consistent and
ties in with the site

*         When an email campaign is sent, the number of emails sent for the
campaign must be recorded so we can track how many campaigns a customer is
running and how many mails they are sending per campaign

There are dedicated packages around that can do all of this but it is
something we want to integrate into OpenCms so our customers only have to
use one interface.

If anyone has a module like this or is willing to write one then please
email me.

Regards

Gareth Hughes