[opencms-dev] favicon.ico integration

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:26:18 CEST 2005

As far as I can tell it is not necessary to modify opencms.jar:

I just did a quick experiment. I extracted
org/opencms/loader/mimetypes.properties
from WEB-INF/lib/opencms.jar
and appended the line:
ico=image/x-icon

I created WEB-INF/classes/org/opencms/loader and placed the new
mimetypes.properties there. It overrides the version in the JAR file.

Next load a favicon.ico into the root of your project (as binary or image)
and publish.

Note: I do have a domain mapped to my project
ie http://www.mySite.com/ is mapped to the root of my OpenCms project. I
think favicon.ico must be at the root level in the URL for it to work.

Joe.