[opencms-dev] Using Import File from Server utility in OpenCms 6.0

Hufford, Brian Brian.Hufford at travelocity.com
Fri Sep 16 01:14:59 CEST 2005

Hi All,
I am attempting to bulk import some data from a preexisting DB. I have created XML Content (xsd) for these items and exported/formatted them according to the xsd guidelines.
I found some tips elsewhere on the web that I should be able to do this using the DB import utility.
I exported a few items from my VFS and took a look at the manifest.xml file that is generated as part of the export. The tip I found told me to modify this manifest and put it in a zip file along with my xml files for the import. However, when I ran the import it appeared to finish (no error messages), but no details either, nothing.
Has anyone attempted this before...or can someone show me what a well formed manifest.xml for an import would look like?
The export manifest had nodes that looked like this:

<file>
<source>sites/MySite/Geography/City/SanFrancisco.html</source>
<destination>sites/MySite/Geography/City/SanFrancisco.html</destination>
<type>XmlCity</type>
<uuidresource>58684415-2171-11da-b445-3323d17f74a9</uuidresource>
<datelastmodified>Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:22:29 GMT</datelastmodified>
<userlastmodified>Admin</userlastmodified>
<datecreated>Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:36:05 GMT</datecreated>
<usercreated>Admin</usercreated>
<flags>0</flags>
<properties/>
<accesscontrol/>
</file>

I assume I would just replace these <file> nodes with new ones representing my files to be imported. However, the uuidresource, datelastmodified, userlastmodified, datecreated, usercreated attributes seem to be irrelevant while loading "new" files.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks!