[opencms-dev] Using Import File from Server utility in OpenCms 6.0

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Fri Sep 16 09:28:06 CEST 2005

If you want to import a large number of files 1:1 into OpenCms (i.e.
they must be imported unchanged), I would never try to use the DB-
Import feature and start to modify the manifest.xml by hand.

Take a look at the synchronization feature, with this one you can
synchronize a folder in your server filesystem with a folder of the
OpenCms VFS. I think this is much easier to do this way.

Regards,
Michael Emmerich

Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com