[opencms-dev] Getting Development Environment Ready for OpenCMS

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Tue Sep 20 16:44:49 CEST 2005

Here is how I build opencms.war from ant.  No guarantee as to whether
this is the 'official' way or not, but it works.  Assuming that you have
checked opencms out of CVS into a directory called /opencms,

1.	create a directory called /lib in the parent directory of
/opencms (so that /lib and /opencms are sibling directories), and place
the build dependencies in that directory.  You can just copy most of
these libraries from a binary distribution of opencms.  Here's what I
have in lib (ojdbc14.jar is necessary if you want oracle support):

	a.	PDFBox-0.7.0.jar
	b.	activation.jar
	c.	ant-contrib-1.0b1.jar
	d.	ant-opencms-1.0.jar
	e.	commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
	f.	commons-codec-1.3.jar
	g.	commons-collections-3.1.jar
	h.	commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar
	i.	commons-digester-1.7.jar
	j.	commons-email-1.0-mod.jar
	k.	commons-fileupload-1.0.jar
	l.	commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
	m.	commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
	n.	commons-pool-1.2.jar
	o.	dom4j-1.5.2.jar
	p.	htmlparser-1.5-20050313.jar
	q.	jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar
	r.	jaxen-1.1-beta-4.jar
	s.	jcaptcha-all-1.0-RC2.0.1.jar
	t.	jstl-1.1.2.jar
	u.	jtidy-r8-05102004.jar
	v.	jug-1.1.2.jar
	w.	junit-3-8-1.jar
	x.	log4j-1.2.9.jar
	y.	lucene-1.4.3.jar
	z.	mail.jar
	aa.	mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga-bin.jar
	ab.	ojdbc14.jar
	ac.	pg74.215.jdbc3.jar
	ad.	poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar
	ae.	quartz-1.4.5.jar
	af.	snowball-1.0.jar
	ag.	standard-1.1.2.jar
	ah.	tm-extractors-0.4.jar
	ai.	xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar
	aj.	xml-apis-2.6.2.jar

2.	from /opencms, run ant using the bindist target

	a.	> ant -Dtomcat.home=path/to/tomcat/install bindist

This will create a directory called /build (parallel to /lib and
/opencms), in which you will find opencms.war (and a lot of other
stuff).

I haven't been able to get the unit tests to run / report using the ant
script; generally I have to run these from an IDE with junit integration
(Eclipse or IDEA should work).  Also, on some days (though very rarely)
I have found that the build out of CVS is broken.  This is just the
danger of living life on the bleeding edge, I think.

-jason