[opencms-dev] Multilingual Site Setup

Christian opencms at christianpaul.com
Tue Sep 20 18:36:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Looking for some more insight into developing a multilingual site with
OpenCms 6.  I've looking into some existing threads on this list, but find
that I still have some questions about particular details on how to set up
this type of a site.

1) On this thread here
(http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013907.html), Ben
states that by adding the parameter "__locale=<blah>" to the URL, one is
able to request a specific language version of the current page content.  Is
there another way of passing this parameter besides placing it in the URL?

2) How could one configure language selection to be determined based on the
following factors: 1) Domain - if I hit www.domain.com/index.html then
locale will default to English, but if I hit www.domain.de/index.html then
locale will default to German, 2) Browser settings - check the browser for
any language settings and deliver content based on that, 3) User preference
- a language selection drop down or some similar element that allows the
user to choose their language settings.

Thanks!
Christian