[opencms-dev] OpenCms and J2EE application integration

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:58:11 CEST 2005

OpenCms is really designed to create and manage web sites. It could do
what you want, but I think there is a lot of baggage there that you
won't require. If all you need is a document repository with a search
function and a web front end I suspect there may be better matches out
there, although none comes to mind right now.

On the other hand if you decide to use OpenCms for your intranet site,
then it's certainly worth considering.

If it's as simple as you describe (although I'm sure it's not :-)
consider writing it from scratch.
Tools such as Lucene search engine are very easy to integrate. It may
take some time but at least you know your code inside out and it's
100% the way you want it. If you delve into large systems like OpenCms
expect to spend at least a week or two learning about the API.

Joe.