[opencms-dev] OpenCms as a DocManagSystem

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Thu Sep 22 20:13:23 CEST 2005

Peter,

We have installed OpenCms as a Intranet Solution for very large
companies and they are using it somehow as a DMS, which we call
KnowledgeStore, there are also additional commercial DMS Modules
available for enhancing the DMS features in OpenCms, you can also
integrate additional components to provide real filesystem (RFS) access
to the VFS, so that documents can be added to the repository via the
file system for better searching, etc. I'm also investigating Alfresco
(OpenSource Documentum) as a pure DMS Solution for some of our
prospects, which is really nice (JSF, JSR 168 conform, JSR 170 support
comes soon, CIFS, Spring, Hibernate).

>> Read More:

http://www.pomegranate.de/en/OpenSource/alfresco/alfresco.html

But at this moment I prefere OpenCms as the best enterprise-scale CMS /
DMS Solution and I would recommend to stick on it, at least for a
Web-CMS Solution. The ideal Solution is a combination of these great
systems.

Kind Regards,
Arash

--