[opencms-dev] Best way to implement automated backups?

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Fri Sep 23 16:47:55 CEST 2005

A croned mysqldump would be the best solution and we have restored the
backup several times and all things was going very well. You shall
backup the entire webapps/opencms folder too. The problem with the
database export will arise, if the export is > 60 MB, then you can't
import it again, be aware! Tzhe export is needed mostly for upgrades,
then you should export smaller parts of your vfs and reimport them to
the new version.

Kind Regards,
Arash

--