[opencms-dev] Pre-populate contents of editable elements?

Slava Asipenko sasipenko at molecular.com
Tue Sep 27 16:16:52 CEST 2005

Hi All,

Is there a way to pre-populate contents of editable elements within a
template? This is to give content editors better idea on what should go
into the editable blocks when they start editing a brand new page.

I am using something like:

<cms:template element="body">

<cms:include element="body" editable="true"/>

</cms:template>

And would like to pre-populate body with simple chunk of HTML like
"<p>Enter the body of the page here</p>".

I know that instead of including an element I can include another file,
which will kind of pre-populate the editable block on the page, but then
every change to this file will be shared among other pages using the
same template. Hope the question makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Slava

Slava Asipenko

Consultant, Technical Architect