[opencms-dev] DTDs for configuration files

Andreas Deininger adeininger at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:59:12 CEST 2005

Hi all,

recently, there was post, complaining about  the fact the all DTDs
used by the OpenCms configuration files are not available at
http://www.opencms.org/dtd/6.0/*.dtd" like stated in the FPI of the
Doc Type definition of these config files. This might no only cause
problems during deployment, but also prevents the XML files to be
checked by my XML-editor plugin. So I tried to the change the FPI
inside my Doc type declaration to SYSTEM "/path/to/file.dtd", however
this prevented OpenCms from starting up, both will relative and
absolute system paths:

ERROR [  org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore: 296] Critical error during
OpenCms initialization: Unable to read the OpenCms XML configuration.
ERROR [g.opencms.main.OpenCmsListener:  91]
org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: Unable to read the OpenCms XML configuration.

It even looks like as changing the URL inside the DOC Type-Definition
causes start up to fail, even though this URL cannot be reached.
Is there any workaround for that?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Andreas