[opencms-dev] How to suppress 'opencms/opencms/' prefix

Peter Birchmeier peterbirchmeier at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:25:54 CEST 2005

Hi

there are several methods.
if you setup OpenCms in the ROOT-webapp, you simplify the rewriting task

proxy-method:
--------------------
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/resources/.*$
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/export/.*$
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/opencms/.*$
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/setup/.*$
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /opencms/$1

   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://domain:8081/$1 [P]
   ProxyPassReverse / http://domain:8081/

make sure you use the same domain-name in the server.xml:
	<Host name="domain" debug="0" appBase="webapps" ...

method with JK-mount
see Sebastian Himberger's howto:
http://www.opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=713

and finally i'm checking the method of rewriting uris inside the
webapp-container-application (e.g. tomcat) by a filter class: tuckey's
UrlRewriteFilter. but at the moment there are some strange behaviours, see
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q4/019939.html