[opencms-dev] How to suppress 'opencms/opencms/' prefix

shishank.mathur at wipro.com shishank.mathur at wipro.com
Fri Oct 7 07:18:49 CEST 2005

Thanks Peter for the information!!

Cheers,
Shishank
http://goshishank.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Peter Birchmeier
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:56 PM
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: RE: [opencms-dev] How to suppress 'opencms/opencms/' prefix

Hi

there are several methods.
if you setup OpenCms in the ROOT-webapp, you simplify the rewriting task

proxy-method:
--------------------
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/resources/.*$
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/export/.*$
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/opencms/.*$
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/setup/.*$
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /opencms/$1

   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://domain:8081/$1 [P]
   ProxyPassReverse / http://domain:8081/

make sure you use the same domain-name in the server.xml:
	<Host name="domain" debug="0" appBase="webapps" ...

method with JK-mount
see Sebastian Himberger's howto:
http://www.opencms-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=713

and finally i'm checking the method of rewriting uris inside the
webapp-container-application (e.g. tomcat) by a filter class: tuckey's
UrlRewriteFilter. but at the moment there are some strange behaviours,
see http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q4/019939.html