[opencms-dev] Feature request/proposal: pure static export

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Thu Oct 6 20:40:23 CEST 2005

Joe Desbonnet <jdesbonnet at gmail.com> writes:

> If there is nothing like this available I'll probably go ahead and
> write it over the next few weeks, but I'd like to know if anyone has
> tackled this problem first.

I just use wget. Especially to convert the links to relative ones (I
don't know, if this works in OpenCms now without problems).

The only problem is that you have to have to link to Flash- or similar
Files in a seperate file, so that wget knows to get them. Of course this
depends on how you display them in your HTML (with JavaScript).

I have to mention that I don't do this on every publish, but every time
it's needed. And of course I don't have any dynamic content depending on
OpenCms.

Regards,
Thomas