[opencms-dev] template-elements property is empty after rename

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 11 13:00:49 CEST 2005

Bernd Wolfsegger schrieb:
> Well, I mentioned this possible bug many times before in this list :)
> No reaction at all until now :)
>
> Huhuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :)

Yes, we can hear you now!;-)

> I think this is a very serious bug, because, imagine you move hundreds of
> files, recognising afterwards that nothing works anymore, because all of your
> precious complex property settings have vanished ...

I agree. I might have to do exactly that in a while (moving a big
subtree of the VFS). And I'm not exactly looking forward to correcting
hundreds of property settings manually, nor to explaining to users that
*they* should do that:-)

> What does "shared" mean anyway? What is the defined behaviour of a shared
> property and what is the difference to a property which is not shared?

That has been discussed here, see
<http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/015325.html>

Regards,
Robert