[opencms-dev] getting rid of the opencms/opencms/ prefix

Marcus Popetz marcus at roundpeg.com
Thu Oct 13 16:42:03 CEST 2005

At 10:35 AM 10/13/2005, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
>What would be a first test to see if the jk-connector works?
>
>My logs show that the mod_jk is loaded fine. But with the
>rewrite code of Sebastians "get rid" document (in my Virtualhost entry)
>I now get
>HTTP Status 404 - /${WEBAPP_NAME}/opencms/
>
>when I simply open http://localhost
>
>in my browser. (The apache welcome screen should appear).

I think the opencms welcome page should appear...

You have to replace ${WEBAPP_NAME} with whatever you installed opencms as
in tomcat.  My httpd.conf looked like this after I replaced the variable names.

JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat

         DocumentRoot "D:/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/opencms/"
JkMount /* ocms

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>

    ServerAdmin administrator at site.com
    ServerName   stage1.academyart.edu
    ErrorLog logs/www_error.log
    CustomLog logs/www_custom.log common

# If the requested URI is located in the resources folder, do not forward
the request
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI ^/opencms/resources/.*$ no-jk
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI ^/resources/.*$ no-jk

# If the requested URI is static content do not forward the request
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI ^/export/.*$ no-jk

RewriteEngine on
# If the requested URI is NOT located in the resources folder.
# Prepend an /opencms/OpenCms to everything that does not already starts
with it
# and force the result to be handled by the next URI-handler ([PT])
(JkMount in this case)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/opencms/resources/.*$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/export/.*$
RewriteRule !^/opencms/opencms/(.*)$ /opencms/opencms%{REQUEST_URI} [PT]

# These are the settings for static export. If the requested resource is
not already
# statically exported create a new request to the opencms404 handler. This
has to be
# a new request, because the current would net get through mod_jk because
of the "no-jk" var.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/export/.*$
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}" !-f
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index_export.html" !-f
RewriteRule .*
/opencms/opencms/handle404?exporturi=%{REQUEST_URI}&%{QUERY_STRING} [P]

# If the request starts with /${WEBAPP_NAME}/resources, delete the
/${WEBAPP_NAME} prefix
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/opencms/resources/.*$
RewriteRule ^/opencms/(.*)$ /$1

</VirtualHost>