[opencms-dev] Setup Wizard doesn't work

Stefan Holtzhauer s.holtzhauer at internet-trade-center.de
Thu Oct 13 15:29:47 CEST 2005

Dear OpenCms cracks ;-)

I just tried to install the freshly downloaded binary distribution
of OpenCms (6.0.0). It's the war-only package. I'm using Windows
2000 Pro with slighty restricted rights due to non-admin account,
JBoss 3.2.6 including Tomcat 5.0.28 as servlet container and MySql
4.0.14.

After starting JBoss the war is successfully extracted but in its
console an error is shown:

"Critical error during OpenCms initialization: The OpenCms setup
wizard is still enabled."

Since I *want* to use the wizard, I didn't further mind. Starting
it under http://localhost:8080:/opencms/setup/ succeeded but after
accepting the license agreement, the following error occurs:

"The OpenCms setup wizard has not been started correctly! Please
click here to restart the wizard."

Restarting doesn't help. I guess it plays no role whether I use
Tomcat stand-alone or incorporated in JBoss. Of course I've read
the instructions for installing OpenCms [1]. There is only one
statement that makes me doubt:

"On Windows-based systems MySQL has to be installed on the C:
drive and should be registered as service [...]"

Neither is MySql installed on c:, nor is it registered as service.
Could this configuration provoke the above mentioned error? Once
again, I guess not. But maybe I'm wrong. However, MySql is running
when starting the wizard. I even thought at editing the values for
the database connection in opencms.properties, but shouldn't they
entered automatically?

Hope someone can help. With kind regards
Stefan

[1] http://tinyurl.com/9ug25