[opencms-dev] Admin-Tools development: Why the property admintoolhandler-arg contain the path

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Fri Oct 14 18:18:01 CEST 2005

Hi, Sebastian!

> i'm currently developing a new tool for the administration view and
> successfully created a list and a simple add / edit dialog
congratulations!

> I think(!) i understand why it is used
> (to structure the modules and create the breadcrumb)
you are right

> but i haven't yet
> found the advantage of using this property instead of "real" path's
> consisting of vfs-folders.
the advantage is simple, you do not need to bother about the vfs folder
structure.
if you want to take the vfs folder structure as base for your tool-paths, just
omit this parameter.

HTH
--
Regards
Michael Moossen

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com