[opencms-dev] getUsers CmsRoleViolationException

Pere Torrodellas ptorrodellas at fihoca.com
Tue Oct 18 17:51:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

When I tried to use the CmsObject method getUsers(CmsUser.USER_TYPE_WEBUSER)
in a JSP to get a list of the WebUsers, I got:

CmsRoleViolationException: Error reading all users of type "2"

I didn't expect this because it doesn't seem such a critical function.
Anyway, I was unable to find out what roles are required for what functions,
specially in the user management area. Can someone tell me if it's
documented somewhere, or how I can find out?

This is just a test: the real thing would run as a scheduled job: will this
have the right permissions, since no user will be running it with his/her
role?

Thanks,

Pere