[opencms-dev] Several Languages - HowTo

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Fri Oct 21 09:30:48 CEST 2005

Hi too,

not to mention the link managment ...
All over your page you have hundreds of links linking pages back and forth ...
So let's say you have 10 different languages and only 100 pages, than you have
to adjust and manage many 1000 links in all pages so that they link to the
correct language folder
(/mysite/en/pathtoressource, /mysite/de/pathtoressource, /mysite/ke/pathtoressource,
etc.).
Well and than imagine moving pages and copying (eg links will go lost ...) ...
I will see that editor who manages this without errors.
It's not simply a thing of creating additional folders and siblings.

Kind regards, Bernd

--

[  Code Create
[  Web Content Management and Presentation

[  Bernd Wolfsegger
[  Sun Certified Programmer for Java(TM) 2 Platform

[  Lohmeyerstrasse 13
[  10587 Berlin
[  Germany
[  Fon +49 (0)30 26555788