[opencms-dev] Several Languages - HowTo

Matthias Neher Matthias.Neher at doubleSlash.de
Fri Oct 21 08:49:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've got two questions regarding the discussion yesterday about several
languages in OpenCms.

Image as starting situation that you have your language directories (e.g.
/en, /de). Everything works fine.
After creating a new page including content in serveral languages, I think
you have to create a sibling of this file in every language folder.
I can imagine that editors will have problems creating this sibling. (If you
created a structure content file you will have a filename like item_xxx.html
or something like that.) What I would like to say is that it is not always
easy to figure out the correct filename and file location.
How do you mange this problem? Did you tell your editors to create the
sibling after creating the page?

Regards
Matthias

Matthias Neher                     Fon: +49-7541-6047-143

doubleSlash Net-Business GmbH      Fax: +49-7541-6041-111

Müllerstr. 12 B                    Matthias.Neher at doubleSlash.de

D-88045 Friedrichshafen            http://www.doubleSlash.de