[opencms-dev] PHP integration

Peter Huesser peter.huesser at psi.ch
Mon Oct 24 16:56:21 CEST 2005

>>Hello
>>We are evaluating some CMS systems and opencms is one of the possible
>>candidates but I did not find out if (and if yes how) it is possible to
>>integrate php code. We have a lot of php scripts on our actual webserver
>>(apache only) so for us this feature is a must.
>>

> Very difficult because opencms is written in Java and has no access to
> a PHP interpreter. You could try using SiteMesh.

Two weeks ago I saw a presentation from Stellent which uses the same
technology. They could easely integrate php code into their CMS. The
code was simply stored in the database and when a request was made the
apache server handled the interpretation of the php stuff. I thought
that this should be (in principle) possible for every CMS using apache.

>>I found it special too that there is only a "dev" maillinglist. No one
>>for users or administrators. Is the aim of opencms to buy the support.
>>

> No, not really. the dev mailing list is open for all :)

Fine.

Pedro