[opencms-dev] Forum Module TroubleShooting and Common Pitfalls

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue Oct 25 23:51:49 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus,

We are going to do exactly this and do some prototyping for this issue,
I'd done that before 1 1/2 years ago with opencms 5.3 and MVN RC1 and
tried to get the struts integration part to work and faced a lot of
performance problems to integrate some posts or whole threads (MVN
pages) into opencms templates, currently I'm working on user integration
via OpenLDAP and probably one of our commnuity fellows is going to write
some DAO classes for the DB integration.

Those who are familiar to struts and opencms together shall be able to
provide more detail about this integration with the current module. If I
find enough time I'll investigate more about this issue and let you know
about it in the next weeks.

The other way for this kind of integration could be achieved through
static export of opencms resources and then integrate mvn threads from
the filesystem, not sure if and how difficult it could be.

By the way, I've done some integration for opencms and mvnforum via
channels with uPortal, a small demo can be found here on our site:

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/uPortal

(The idea was to use the portal app as a container for opencms and MVN,
which works very fine for one of my clients in an Intranet, the content
is delivered via opencms and the rest with MVN and many other webapps
(mantis bugtracker, WebSVN, and a self written Test Case Manager, ...).

Perhaps your client would like to use a portal solution :-)

HTH,

Kind Regards,
Arash