[opencms-dev] Character encoding problem

Ernesto De Santis ernesto.desantis at colaborativa.net
Thu Nov 3 19:36:12 CET 2005

which opencms version you use?
SO?
jvm encoding?

I have this problem in opencms 5, htmlimport and linux. Only in linux,
in windows work fine.
The fix for this was add this lines to catalina.sh:

LC_ALL=nl_NL.iso88591
export LC_ALL

the problem is a java issue, see this thread:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=315993&start=15

Ernesto.

Joe Desbonnet escribió:

>The source of this problem would seem to be confusion between
>ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 at some point in the process -- I don't know at
>what point however. I'll try to replicate your problem here later.
>
>Joe.
>
>On 11/3/05, pat sad <hlp.psaad at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hy everyone,
>>
>>Everything I do a static export, my encoding doesn't seem to work with
>>all type of html characters . Basically, I write   in the html
>>code of my webpage, but when I import it in opencms and then do a
>>static export, it does not convert it to its the right html code.
>>
>>  --> becomes --> Ã
>>
>>Does anyone know what the solution to this problem is ?

Ernesto De Santis - Colaborativa.net
La Plata, Argentina.
http://www.colaborativa.net/