[opencms-dev] OpenCms Installation with DB2

Pandey, Nitin Nitin.Pandey at pstsi.com
Fri Nov 4 14:19:59 CET 2005

Hi,
I have to install OpenCms with DB2 database. I have changed the generic
create_tables.sql scripts in the /setup/database/generic folder. In this i
have made the following changes :-
1) Modified the datatypes according to DB2, like there is no LONG RAW,
VARCHAR2 in DB2.Also, there were issues regarding the size of the varchar
fields.
2)Modified the name of the table indexes as the index name cannot be greater
than 18 characters in DB2

I am now able to create tables in DB2 databse using the opencms wizard.

But, i am not able to import the modules or fill any data in the tables
using the wizard. Please, if anyone has setup DB2 with OpenCms, mail me the
steps or hints of how to proceed further.

If successful in setting up the OpenCms-DB2 environment, I would surely
contribute the same to the OpenSource community.

Please reply back as soon as possible, as i am totally stuck at the moment.

Regards,
nitinDISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged.It is intended solely for the addressee.Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.If you are not the intended
recipient,any disclosure,copying,or distribution of the message,or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it,is prohibited and may be
unlawful.Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error.Thank you.