[opencms-dev] DisplayWidget

Achim Westermann a.westermann at alkacon.com
Fri Nov 4 17:03:37 CET 2005

Hi Siegfried,

it is used like a normal StringWidget (which is never used explicitly because it is the default for OpenCmsString).
It displays an ineditable input field. Within the xmlcontent resource it will be a "state field", where custom
implemtnations that work on xmlcontents may store some information.

A snippet of a demo xsd:

  <xsd:complexType name="OpenCmsLgtJobArticle">
     <xsd:sequence>
       <xsd:element name="someValue" type="OpenCmsBoolean" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
     </xsd:sequence>
     <xsd:attribute name="language" type="OpenCmsLocale" use="required"/>
   </xsd:complexType>

   <xsd:annotation>
     <xsd:appinfo>
       <resourcebundle name="some.messages"/>
       <preview uri="${previewtempfile}"/>
       <mappings/>
       <layouts>
         <layout element="someValue" widget="DisplayWidget"/>
       </layouts>
       <validationrules/>
       <defaults/>
     </xsd:appinfo>
   </xsd:annotation>
</xsd:schema>

kind regards,

Achim

Siegfried Puchbauer wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I've searched for Documentation on how to use the new DisplayWidget in
> opencms 6.02, but I was unsuccesssull...
>
> Does anyone know this?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen