[opencms-dev] Module Action class updateModule method

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Tue Nov 8 08:50:18 CET 2005

Hi,

> My problem with the action class is that the its initialize(..) method is NOT
> called, when the module is imported into opencms, but only on a previously
> imported module on server startup. This is kind of strange to me!

the init method is an init method for server startup, to check if there
are alle needed resources for this module available. We spoke some month
ago with alkacon and discussed your issue with them but they haven't
changed this behaviour. In my opinion there must be a possibility to run
a method after installing and at each server startup. So we're able to
create some needed things directly after installing this module.

Any hints ?

Regards Achim