[opencms-dev] Module Action class updateModule method

Achim Westermann a.westermann at alkacon.com
Tue Nov 8 09:01:33 CET 2005

Hi Joachim,

the module handler class ships within your module, most often in a jar. Before an import it is not known to the JVM running.
It will be highly depnendant on the caching of the application server's current Classloader wether dynamic class loading (class.forName("name"))") will be
successful or not. Only by implementing a non - caching CL for module initialization after import this could be possible - expensive though.

kind regards,

Achim

Achim Westermann
Alkacon Software