[opencms-dev] search engines and static vs. dynamic contents

Code Create, Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Tue Nov 15 12:05:59 CET 2005

These are two different questions (Dynamic content / PDFs).

On Tuesday, 15. November 2005 13:32, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> Just a question (in the vein of mentioning of static exports in recent
> posts):
>
> Does static contents favor hit rates in search engines an robots,
> in the sense that your sites' contents is searched better and is more
> present in hit results of search engine requests?
>
> Or asked the other way around: Can dynamic contents (VFS) impede robots and
> search engines?

How should the search engine get to know that the content is generated
dynamically ??
It just makes requests to html pages and follows links on these pages. I don't
think that search engines have the capability to test if a file is resident
in the filesystem or not.
You can't do this with a normal Browser too.