[opencms-dev] Is there someone installed opencms on suse successfully

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:51:44 CET 2005

Do I understand you correctly: Did you say that after the install
there are only a few files in the opencms webapps directory (ie
"/opt/tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/opencms/..." in your case)?

With Tomcat 5.5.x I think you must leave the .WAR file in place in the
webapps directory. If you delete the WAR it seems Tomcat will
automatically remove the entire application.

BTW: I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9 and Sun JDK 1.5.0 without any problem on
Fedora 2,3,4 and CentOS 4. Getting MySQL users/permissions setup
correctly is the only difficulty I've ever had on a Linux
installation.

Joe.